1) Log in to your Office365 account and select Word. Instead of selecting "New," click on the link, "More templates."
2) The page that comes up will have many templates listed, but most likely nothing for APA, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Explore all templates."
3) On the following page, click the magnifying glass icon to search the Office Templates.
4) In the search box type APA.
5) Scroll down the page and select either of the two APA styles indicated below in red.
6) After you select a style, you'll need to choose between downloading the template which will save it to your desktop application, OR, choosing "Edit in Browser." If you do not have a desktop version of Word, choose "Edit in Browser."
7) After clicking "Edit in Browser," click Continue.
8) You'll now see the template in your O365 Word. Notice that you can't see the Header. Don't panic! It is there. Just click on the "Header" box to the upper right of the paper.
9) You'll now see the template's running head on the title page. Type in your paper's title in all caps where indicated. Leave the page number, <#>, as it is.
10) Feel free to use the rest of the prompts in the template to help you format your paper. Some elements you may not need. Just delete those.