Online Tutoring Quick Guide
Availability of Evening/Weekend Hours
Subjects available: Writing/PASS Math/ESL/Chemistry/Microeconomics/Macroeconomics
- Mondays 12:00-3:00
- Wednesdays 6:00-9:00
- Thursdays 6:00-9:00
- Sundays 1:00-4:00 and 6:00-9:00
Making, Changing, or Canceling an Online Appointment
Making an appointment to visit an online tutor is easy. You'll schedule a time that works for both you and your tutor, and she will give you some log-on information to get you started in the session.
To schedule, just
Preparing for Your Online Appointment
- Have your assignment, paper, and any comments from your instructor ready when your session begins.
- Have a few questions in mind for the tutor. What will you want to work on in your limited time together?
- If you run into trouble or have questions before or during your session, call our online tutoring phone number at (410) 849-9260.
How to Access Your Online Tutoring Appointment
Note: These directions pertain to GoogleDocs tutoring sessions. If your session will be using Zoom or will be conducted over the phone, your tutor will provide a different set of instructions.
About 10 minutes before your appointment, you should begin this process:
- Log in to MyCampus
- Connect to Skipjack email
- Access GoogleDrive
- Click keypad button in upper right hand corner (9 squares)
- Select “Drive” triangle
- If your paper is already in a GoogleDoc, open the GoogleDoc and skip to step 7 below.
- If your paper is in Word,
- Click red button “New”
- Select “GoogleDoc”
- Copy and paste your paper from Word into the GoogleDoc
- Give the document a name (click on “Untitled Document” in upper left corner to rename)
- Share the document
- Click blue button in upper right hand corner
- Invite “email@example.com”
- Make sure button is checked that recipient receives an email notification
- With your GoogleDoc open, wait for tutor to enter and initiate conversation.
Questions or Trouble?
Call us at (410) 849-9260 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!